Painting exhibition – Danielle Belle-Josse
From 1 to 15 June, some fifteen paintings by Danielle Belle-Josse will be on display at the Tourist Office. It will be possible to come and see them every day from 8.30am to 12pm and from 1pm to 5pm. Admission is free.
Biography of Danielle Belle-Josse
Born in Carnières (Hainaut – Belgium) in 1940, Danielle Belle-Josse is a self-taught painter who loves to represent children, because it must be said that they were her centre of interest during her teaching career. In her portraits of children in particular, but also in the representation of scenes from everyday life, she gives a lot of importance to the gaze.
More about the artist
It has won a number of awards:
- Mos’art d’or of the town of Yvoir in 2005
- Second prize “Art Balade” in Charleroi in 2004
- First prize “Art Balade” in Charleroi in 2005
- International gold medal and special mention of the jury at the “Grand Prix International de Wallonie” in 2005, 2006, 2007
- International Gold Medal of the “European Academy of Arts” in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- In 2009 Grand Prix – Vermeil Medal of the “Académie Européenne des Arts
- Member of the Cercle Arts et Cultures d’Aiseau – Presles
- Life member of the “Académie Européenne des Arts
- Member of the Cultural Association “Au-delà des Mots
- She has had numerous exhibitions in Wallonia, Flanders, Brussels and France.
She has had numerous exhibitions in Wallonia, Flanders, Brussels and France.